What is the best countertop material?
Choosing the right countertop for your kitchen, bathroom or other area of your home can be a daunting process. At Granite Expo we are here to give you all the information you need to help make that decision easier. From choosing a granite countertop material or quartz countertop, to finding out if marble are right for you — read on! If you’d like to find out more about kitchen granite in St Louis Park MN, reach out to Granite Expo today.
When it comes to remodeling your kitchen, quartz is an ideal choice for your kitchen counters. Quartz is a durable and low-maintenance material that can be used in both residential and commercial kitchens. It’s also available in a variety of colors, so you can easily create a unique island or countertop that fits the overall aesthetic of your space. Quartz is an engineered stone made of roughly 93% quartz and the remaining 7% polymer resin. Different kinds of quartz include calacatta, carrara, & more. Quartz is considered low maintenance—it requires no sealing and can resist stains, chips, scratches and temperature variations. Since it is an engineered stone, quartz comes in a variety of colors from blue to red as well as brown and gray. Due to its more unified pattern, this type of material makes for excellent kitchen countertops and vanity surfaces.
Granite is another popular choice for kitchen countertops, because it’s durable, affordable and comes in a wide range of colors and patterns. Like quartz, it requires little maintenance and can be easily cleaned with mild soap and water. It’s one of the most durable options you can pick for a countertop as it is not only heat resistant, but also scratch, stain, and chip resistant. Its only downside is that it’s more expensive than quartz and other materials. If you want a granite countertop, be prepared to spend at least $350 per square foot. This is an ideal choice if you want something that will last a long time without requiring much care or maintenance, but it’s not as affordable as some other options.
While marble is a beautiful option for bathroom countertops, fireplace facings, tabletops, and hearths- it is not as durable as some other natural and unnatural stone options. While it is heat resistant, it’s softer composition makes it prone to scratches and dents- especially in kitchens. This doesn’t mean it should never be used in kitchens, just that any homeowner should keep the more fragile nature of marble in mind when selecting their kitchen countertop option.
Quartzite is a metamorphic rock made of sandstone that has been fused with quartz crystals. Quartzite is a form of quartz that comes in light gray to white shades and may have natural hues of reddish-brown, pink or gold from iron oxide. This stone is a great choice for kitchen countertops as it is heat, scratch, chip, and stain resistant. The luxurious look of quartzite will make your kitchen countertops pop. The look of quartzite will make your kitchen countertops pop. Natural stone is a great choice for any kitchen, but it’s especially good if you have children or pets who might be prone to dropping things on the countertop. Quartzite is extremely durable and can withstand wear and tear from heavy-duty use.
Laminate or Formica
Laminate or Formica countertops can be scratched or damaged by knives and other sharp utensils. They also tend to stain easily and aren’t as durable as natural stone. Laminate countertops are made from several layers of paper covered with a plastic resin that is printed with an image or pattern, making them waterproof and easy to clean. Formica is similar in appearance but tends to be slightly more expensive than laminate. While they lack many of the benefits as some of the other countertops, they do offer one major advantage: Laminate and Formica countertops are both quite cheap options.
If you’re looking for an industrial look for your kitchen, concrete may be the choice for you. Concrete is a versatile material that can be shaped, molded and finished in many different ways. It’s also quite durable and easy to clean. The color of the concrete will affect its price, as well as how it’s treated. If you’re looking for a natural stone look, consider using tumbled or brushed concrete; these options are less expensive than polished concrete but still offer some of the same benefits.
At Granite Expo, we would be happy to help you with any of your countertop needs. We work with quartz, granite, marble, quartzite, and can even install sinks, backsplash, and custom edgework. We can help you find the perfect option for your home with a color consultation, and can help you install, remove, and/or dispose of all tiles and countertops. Click this link to look into our past projects, or you can contact us today to get your remodel project started immediately!